Sunday 24 April 2016

Artist Spotlight - Hunter Paper Co.



Today I am going to talk to you about Hunter Paper Co. which is run by Emma Jackson. I first met Emma at the Fine and Dandy market when I was selling my quilted and sewn items and she was just starting out in her business, that was about 3 years ago and since then I have followed along on Emma's journey and seen how her business has grown.
Emma graduated from Falmouth with a degree in Illustration and after graduating decided to go freelance, which was a scary decision.


She now makes a range of cards and prints in her own very unique style. She believes in working completely handmade and does most of her work through either lino printing or screen printing. One of the best piece of advice Emma has gotten is "My uni tutors always advised to just go with what you enjoy doing. An individual 'style' will eventually materialise out of the way you like working, and it'll be 100% you. You can't really go wrong when you're doing exactly what you love!" which I think is very true
What I really like about Emma's work is her use of typography, from doing my HND Graphic Design course I quickly learned that me and typography were not going to be friends, it was far too technical for me, I understand it and admire people who work mainly within it. I really like the minimalist look of Emmas work and that she has developed a distinctive style and she says she is hoping to start including a more Illustrative approach in her work.

You can Emma's work here and follow along on her journey:

Website: https://www.hunterpaperco.com/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hunterpaperco/

No comments:

Post a Comment