Sunday 24 April 2016

My creative CV!

I have talked about my CV before here and how I had used the same format since secondary school in the classes i'm sure everyone remembers. When Debbie from the careers department came in and talked to us about writing a CV and when she mentioned creative CV's I was excited.
I haven't really given much thought to after University because I have been in education since 2003 with only a 2 year gap, being in a learning environment is just what I know, so apart from sheer panic, I'm sort of just not thinking about it.
Of course I obviously have to put on my big girl pants and think about what comes after and an important part of that is a CV. I have my old CV the one that I use to apply for part time jobs to help me through university so i'm not a poor student, but I don't think that it would cut in the creative world.
I had always made my CV's using Microsoft word but apparently that is not the only way! Indesign was recommended but having used that before and having a few naughty words to say about it I was not quick to use that. Instead I used Illustrator a program that I am quite familiar with and feel comfortable using to create something that I would be proud of.


Here is my new and improved Cv. In our lectures with Debbie we were told that a Cv shouldn't be more than 2 A4 pages but I have found that I am someone who only writes what needs to be written, I tend not to waffle on. I would say that it is one of my weaknesses, I find it hard to elaborate on points, this is something I was always told in my school reports.
I kept my Cv to only one A4 page but I think that I got all the necessary points in and all that needed to be said, said. I like to think that it's short and sweet. I enjoyed creating it and had fun adding some creative flair to it. I am sure it will change many times before I finally am brave enough to send it away for an Illustration job but for now I am really pleased with what I have created!

No comments:

Post a Comment