Friday 22 April 2016

Creative CV's

This module, Professional Practice is all about teaching us how to go to go out in the 'real world' and be able to promote and talk about our work and actually make a living within Illustration or an Arts based job. When I first heard about this module, I have to say I was excited, it sounded brilliant, then CV's were mentioned, my heart sank. I should have known CV's would be involved, it's a big part of getting a job, but flashbacks to secondary school started and I was dreading it!




Here is my current CV, I have taken out my contact details and referees but this is it. I have to say that I am still using the same format which I was taught in secondary school. I haven't used my CV that much and when I have used it, it has been applying for part time jobs mainly in retail. 
In one of our lessons Debbie from the careers service came into talk to us about CV's and the do's and don'ts of having a good one that will get you a job versus one that would get binned straight away. She talked about having a professional CV but also having a creative one. This intrigued me, as being a creative person, it was exciting that I could be creative with my CV instead of just having a bog standard one like most other people.
I started looking at some creative CV's to start collecting ideas on how I would design my own, here are some of my favourites that I found

link to CV's

These were not like any I had seen before, being able to use bright and fun colours as opposed to keeping it very proper and professional was very exciting and now I didn't have the same dread as before. I am looking forward to creating my CV with the help of what I learnt from Debbie.




No comments:

Post a Comment