Thursday 21 April 2016

Hello!

Hello! and welcome to my blog!


I am Rachael and I am in my second year at University of Derby studying Illustration. I know it's a bit of a cliche but I have always enjoyed art! It was my favourite subject in school and I would often spend break and lunch times paddling about the art room. I thought that I wanted to do fashion design but after applying to University and being unsuccessful a few times, I took some time out, got my knees fixed (I now have metal knees) and really thought about what I wanted to do!

Why Rosey Cheeks Illustration? On my Illustrations my characters always have rosey cheeks, because it adds a certain cuteness! I think the real reason is growing up with my mum who has had rosey cheeks her whole life and that has crept into my work.

Before I started at Derby I was studying a Graphic Design course, which I did find interesting but was just not for me. When i completed that course I could either go out into the real world and get a job (eek!) or continue on to University and complete my degree. I decided to move to Illustration and while I could have went into third year, I chose second year so that I wasn't thrown completely in at the deep end. It took some adjusting moving away from home for the first time to a new city, but I think I am finally starting to settle in and find my way, both around Derby and within my course, I can feel my own personal style emerging and am looking forward to developing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment